Learning at Home
Parental participation is crucial to your child's successful school experience. You can help your child by:
- Setting a regular time each day for home learning activities.
- Providing a quiet space where your child won’t be distracted by TV, computer or the telephone.
- Helping your child by explaining directions, giving examples and checking their work.
- Giving praise not criticism.
- Using the home learning activities time every day. If your child doesn’t have homework, use the time for reading, writing or listening to a story.
- Checking your child’s backpack for homework and notes from school.
- On Thursdays, we send a folder with pertinent information from the school.